The Masur Museum of Art offers internship opportunities for current undergraduate and graduate students. The goal of an internship is to provide practical experience as well as a general understanding of operations in a small museum setting.
Internships run on flexible schedules, typically spanning one academic period (quarter or semester), or the summer break. Internships are unpaid but can be tailored to fulfill academic credit requirements.
Museum interns generally work alongside the Curator of Collections and Exhibitions to gain training and experience in a variety of areas. As the Masur Museum is very small, an intern will generally have the opportunity to work across several departments and projects over the course of a semester. For example, a Curatorial Intern may gain experience in the areas of: collections management, registration, framing/conservation, curatorial research and interpretation, and exhibition development, installation, and marketing/social media management as appropriate. Occasional opportunities may also be available in additional museum departments.
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program such as Art History, Museum Studies, Studio Art, History, Library Science, or similar, or graduation within the past 6 months. Undergraduates should have completed coursework through the Sophomore level, though exceptions may be made if student has previously completed intern or structured volunteer work relating to arts and museums.
- Interest in potentially pursuing a museum or gallery career
- Interest in art
- Strong attention to detail and careful, precise work
- Good research, writing, and decision-making skills
- Completed coursework in Art History
To apply for an internship at the Masur Museum, please email your résumé and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “INTERNSHIP APPLICATION,” stating the areas you are most interested in working, your academic background, and the skills you would bring to the museum. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and due no later than 30 days before your intended start date.
CURRENT & UPCOMING
EVENTS + EXHIBITIONS
Browse our exhibits: both upcoming & current!